PropertyPal’s Housing Market Review offers expert opinion and informative insight to some of the biggest challenges facing the Northern Ireland housing market.
A word from our Chief Economist
I’m delighted to bring you our Housing Market Review for 2021.
In early December, PropertyPal welcomed a panel of industry professionals with the aim of providing insight into existing and future housing market trends. The following report provides in-depth commentary and market insights from industry experts across the housing market from social and affordable housing development, the construction sector and the wider economic climate.
We hope PropertyPal’s Housing Market Review for 2021 brings you an understanding of how major economic events have impacted the local housing market and the latest projections for 2022 and beyond.
Themes for discussion
- The Northern Ireland housing market: From crisis to boom
- Increasing house prices: What can we expect in 2022
- Construction market cost constraints: What does this mean fordevelopers and contractors
- Social housing in Northern Ireland: What is needed to support this sector
- The struggling self-builders: Is the self-build market drying up
- Will the cost of building materials be affordable again
- Tiresome tenants: What is going on with renting at the moment
- Green initiatives and policy: Who will pay
- Purchasing a property: Investment vs costs
- First-time buyer fears: Is now the right time for a first-time buyer to enter the market
Read the full report belowHousingMarketReview_2021_v
Last modified: 12/08/2022