Adding a New Development is slightly different to adding a single re-sale property on PropertyPal.com. You will need to add the New Development then add the property types and finally the individual units (properties for sale). This section explains how to do this.
We have split this tutorial into 2 sections just as the website does, the Development Overview Page which shows the details of the development as a whole and the Property Types page, which shows the details of the individual property types within a development.
Development Overview Page
1. After Logging in to PropertyPal.com. Click on the Developments tab at the top of the page, this will open the Development List page.
2. Click on the “Add a Development” button at the top of the page. This will open the Select a Developer page.
4. Sole Agents or are adding a development as the first Joint Agent.
If you are a sole agent on this development click the Add New Development button and move to step
If you are a joint agent on this development, use the drop down to see if the development has already been added by the other agent. If so, click on your chosen development and click Next. You have been added as an agent to this Development!!!
6. Fill in the details of the Development. Please note that this is the description of the whole development, and not of individual properties. The Tag Line is a 40 character field that allows you to say something about the property, ie Spacious family home or Close to excellent schools, etc. When this page is complete, click Next.
7. The following page is the development description. This is a free text box which allows you to type directly into the box or to copy and paste text from another document. When you are happy with the layout etc, click Next.
8. To upload photos of the property click on the Upload Some Photos button. This will open a popup for the Fast Image Uploader. Click on + Add more photos, then locate the relevant file where the photos are stored. You can either double click on a photo to upload it or, if you are uploading several photos, hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click on multiple photos. Once you have made your selection (as many photos as you like) click Upload. This will re- size the photos appropriately.
10. The Video page is where you will upload a video file of the Development. This is not a mandatory item. To upload, simply click on the Upload a Video button. This will open a window where you can choose your files.
The Files page is where you will upload PDFs of the brochure for the Development or any relevant floor plans. This is not a mandatory item. To upload, simply click on the Upload PDF Files. This will open a window where you can choose your files. You will be required to specify names for these files when uploading. Brochure, or FloorPlan, etc will suffice.
11. We move on then to the Map screen. When we entered the Town for the development on the Details screen a marker was placed on the map corresponding with this town.
To adjust the marker, simply zoom into the map using the + button and drag our mascot to the exact spot. You will then need to rate how accurate you are with the marker! To do this simply click on the relevant accuracy rating on the right hand side of the map.
Note: You may find it easier to swap the view on this screen to Hybrid view which shows the roads and a satellite view of the terrain. To switch to Hybrid view simply click the Hybrid button on the top right hand side of the map.
13. The next page simply shows you the agent or agents selling the development. Click Finish to move on to the next step.
You have now added the development as a whole, so you now need to add the property types and individual units.
Property Types Pages
1. After adding the Development Overview, you will find yourself back on the Development List page. To add a property type click on the black ‘Add a Property Type’ button on the development.
2. Fill in the details of the Property Type. Please note that this is the description of the particular property type, and not of individual properties or the whole development. The Tag Line is a 40 character field that allows you to say something about the property, ie Spacious family home or Close to excellent schools, etc. When this page is complete, click Next.
3. The following page is the Property Type description. This is a free text box which allows you to type directly into the box or to copy and paste text from another document. When you are happy with the layout etc, click ‘Next’.
4. The next page is where you will upload the photos of the property type and perhaps a floorplan of this particular property type. You will add these in exactly the same way you added photos to the Development Overview page. If you are unsure how to do this please refer to point 8 and 9 above
5. You then move on to the Files page, again this is the same as above. If you have added the Development Brochure on the development, you don’t need to add it again here.
6. The next page is where you add the individual units or properties. Click on the ‘Add a Property Unit’ button. Fill in as many details as you have on this page, and click Finish when you are happy with your selections.
7. To add another property unit click again on the ‘Add a Property Unit’ button, this time click the ‘Copy Last Unit Added’ button. This will copy all the details from the last unit except the Site or Postal Number. Repeat this step until you have all your Property Units added.
Please note that your New Development will not show on PropertyPal.com unless you have at least one Property Type and Property Unit added.
8. The next page you come to is the Advert page. This is the page that will show you the status of this property on PropertyPal.com. You will see that at present the property has No Advert on PropertyPal.com.
9. To list the development on PropertyPal.com click on the List on PropertyPal.com button. A pop up will then show asking you to confirm that you are happy to list this development. If this is the case, click on List on PropertyPal.com
Your Development is now live on PropertyPal.com
Need to add a new developer to the site? Fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you.
We've sent your enquiry to a member of our team and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
Last modified: 08/12/2021